Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Wednesday Workbench


Hey guys and welcome to a new segment here on 24 Hour Gamer Geek, Wednesday Workbench.  I got the idea for this segment from my good friend Rushputin over at Warpstone Pile. Each week he posts pics of what he is working on, something I keep intending to do but never get around to.  Hopefully I can keep up with this series, remembering to take pics of what is on my workbench after I get home from work each Tuesday evening.

Yesterday was the last day of a 6 week, Warmachine/Hordes Journeyman (Escalation) league at Huzzah. I did pretty well, placing in the top 3 for points each two week block, but never quite reaching the top.  However I did win the award for best painted 35pt army at the end of the league.  Pictures of the army will be in a post later this week.

Next week starts off the first leg of the 4 part Privateer Press official Machinations league, so I though I would share with you some minis I have been work on to get prepared for it.

First off I have WIPs of two new Warcasters I have been working on.  On the left is Strakov and on the right if Zerkova.




Next up is a WIP of a Greylord Koldun Lord and a Wardog (my second one, for big games)


And finally we have a full unit of Man-O-War Shocktroopers.  These guys are at what I consider to be my basecoat level.  



Each has been basecoated and then I washed the entirety of each model with GW Agrax Earthshade.  I do this to help bring all the basecoat colors together tonally and to help provide some depth to the mini.  After this stage I add shade to the areas I think need more depth and then apply a few layers of highlights.  It should also be noted that I do not basecoat my metals with metallics, I instead tend to basecoat with a flat color and use metallics as the highlight colors.

A couples weeks ago I started running an Iron Kingdoms (Warmachine) RPG game for a group of guys at Huzzah on Monday nights.  Current the group finds itself in Five Finger, doing a job to prove themselves worthy for employment by a mysterious but very wealthy patron.  IK RPG is a very miniature centric game, and I have several models primed that I need to get painted for my games.

First up I have a unit of City Guards lead by a veteran leader (made from a merc Devil Dog mini)


Next up I have some non-Privateer Press minis that I feel are perfect for the setting.  A few of these models are actually being used by my players to represent their characters.


And finally with have a few interesting character I want to get painted up as NPCs and a Combat Steamjack I cobbled together from a Menoth Light Warjack and some Merc, Menoth, and Khador heavy jack parts I had lying around.


Yes that troll is the limited addition PP-RAM Gencon mini from 2005.

See you guys next week for another progress report on what I am working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment