Friday, January 28, 2022

New year.  New stuff.

Hey guys, Jay here... it has been... a while.  I have decide to give this blogging thing a try again.  I have been posting small amounts of content in a variety of places around the web.  I have tried streaming on Twitch, podcasting, being a youtuber, started a Facebook page, posted regular updates on twitter, I have my own discord channel, and even tried posting on Instagram, but have never quite had the same experience and feeling of connectivity as I did here on blogger. So here we are again...

I currently play 3 games actively, and have interest in and models for a few others.


My currently primary is Warmachine/Hordes.  I am playing Khador right now and feel like have so many more lists too try.  With Brawlmachine, Clashmachine, Streamroller, and Kommadant formats to build list for there are almost endless variations to try out. On Feb 8th my community will be starting up an escalation league that combines many of these formats together, so there is lots to look forward to for more Khador games.  I am also slowly trying to paint up all of my Khador collection and have less then 100 models to go.  I am not going to switch out until I have played at least one game with every caster and finished painting my whole Khador collection.


My secondary game is Riot Quest, a fun you go I go skirmish sized game from Privateer Press that is set in a possible post apocalypse future of the Iron Kingdoms (Warmachine/Hordes) if it was a Saturday morning cartoon.  So a silly, fun, and desperate setting, that plays more like a board game then a miniatures game.  I currently own all the models available for the game with a bit more then 50% of them all painted. There is also rules for all the models so that they can be used in Warmachine and Hordes, so there is lots of opportunities to use the crazy and fantastic sculpts. We play this game in the free time before the store closes when there isn't time to play another game of Warmachine/Hordes on my clubs PP game nights or occasional for a few hours on weekend afternoons.



And finally I have recently started playing and painting Warhammer 40K again, specially Death Guard which is my always army for 40k.  I have only just started playing again in the last few weeks and started painting again in late December as a way to increase my viewership on my streams on Twitch and as a subject for a future Youtube channel I am working on. Here is what my Death Guard scheme looks like currently.



I have been playing several other games over the last few years.  Monsterpocalyse (Monpoc) and Warcaster: Neo-Mechanica by Privateer Press, and Legends of Signum are the other games I have been building and collecting most recently in addition to the 3 mentioned above.  Until October 2021 Warcaster was the primary game I was playing, but it became clear that the next expansion, releasing in Q1 of 2022 is very unbalancing for the game and the online community I was in was split and broken up and moved to a few different locations.  Also the drive to play Warcaster in my local meta has dried up so for now, it has been put on the back burner.

Monpoc is a sometimes game I have been playing with one of my local friends but it sounds like one of the new players who joined my community recently is going to want to play more often. We will see how that goes and if it lights the fire in me to start building and paint Monpoc models again.

Legends of Signum is a newer game to me.  I found their Patreon in October of 2021 and only after subscribing found out that they didn't just produce cool models for me to 3D print, but they also had a very forward thinking and interesting game to use them in.  After discussing it with a few of my locals one of them ordered the starter set, and while we have not played any games yet, I have been printing and painting the minis and look forward to trying it out in the near future.  From the little I have seen the Legends of Signum's game design model it is where I think the future of miniature gaming is going to go, but more on that in a future post.

So welcome back, I am working on getting the cobwebs cleared out and I am starting to get thing rolling here again. More next time.  See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment